Flights CDU panel

jj3

• 3 months later...
Am 12.11.2020 um 01:19 schrieb jj3:

Almost have the pcb layout done, keep finding little tweaks to do... And then the parts I chose ran out of stock at the PCB maker place, so I had to select different parts and place them by hand. It also ended up a 4 layer board to make everything connect how I wanted it. Using a matrix setup for the keys, used some 1nf caps to do a poor mans de-bounce, and the diodes are to prevent ghosting.

I put in a 20 pin ribbon cable to connect to the persons choice of interface, in my case I'm planning to use an Arduino mega with DCS-BIOS. There's a 2 wire connector for LED dimming connection.

Top side

Capture.thumb.JPG.879f940b2636bd5d010449de5d2c2abd.JPG

Bottom side

Capture1.thumb.JPG.54fc1bc0f9f1508b63660fbbc82ba65a.JPG

I also made up a simple Nano and rs485 board, and brought out all the unused pins to screw terminals. Keeps things modular and easy to troubleshoot and swap a module. It's not as compact as others have done..

Capture.JPG.d6482db796c6571c777c3c9e81bc0da0.JPG

Looks very nice! Is it possible to get your plans? Which program you used to make the pcb?

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the files I've made up so far. There is a Samtec 24 pin IDE cable that I found at Mouser part #: 200-HCSD12D06001TP01  Mfr. part #: HCSD-12-D-06.00-01-T-P01

It comes as a "23" pin cable with a pin blocked, just remove the plastic pin and it's now a 24 pin cable. If I was to do this again, I'd make it a flexible cable instead.

A10 Console CDU Boards.zip

You will need an arduino MEGA, some long pin headers for that, and the pin connectors (green jobbies) if you want removable connections. Otherwise just solder in your wire. The LED schematic is for an external power regulated source, there is no restricting circuitry to limit current in any way.

Edited by jj3

• 6 months later...