"Trim" Wheels automatically mapped as Rudder controls every time DCS starts?

einarabelc5

Hello,

Newb for the second time (started in April but returned my HOTAS because it was too stiff) here. I got the CH Fighter stick and am having Trim/Rudder problems with it, after many years (the age of DOS and MS Flight Simulator 2.0 or something similar), last thing I played was Flaming Cliffs 2.0 demo and F22 Raptor by Novalogic.

So far I've tested only Free Flight mode with the Su-27 and the F-16, on every case the plane starts rolling left until it banks and it crashes. Tried trim(using keyboard) but it doesn't really work. Tried trim wheels and that seems to work but am suspecting there's a device input config mapping because both Windows and CH Control manager give a reading of 128/128 with no JITTER when the stick is left alone.

Installation procedure.

Start Windows 10.

Go to Login Screen (the computer was already on and user logged in)

Plug in device.

Go to Windows Set Up USB Controllers(used it before with Thrustmaster and Logitech)

Test controller, everything seems fine.

Test DCS

Problem appears

Look at config, the CH Fighterstick Column appears with the Rudder setting having a JoyRZ axis that is NOT listed in Windows.

Install CH Software.

Make sure device is in Direct Mode

Create a Map in Control Manager from scratch for the Figherstick. Everything works, I did not download the Map onto the device.

Exit Control manager.

Test again

Same thing.

Play with the X axis trim wheel which has a Detent(NOICE!!) seems to alleviate the problem

Reset Trim (LCtrl+T on Su-27)

Everything goes to hell.

More so when I go back into Adjust COntrols I notice the JoyRz is assigned back to the Rudder setting, DCS did it by itself after I deleted it, WHY?

This is on openbeta 2.5.6.

The stick itself is a delight to fly with, except for that problem on two completely different flight models, a simplified (Su-27) and a pro(F-16).

Any hints help, etc would be much appreciated.