AFCS Toggle Bug

Shmegegge 1-1 Aero

I was having trouble with the AFCS Toggle Switch in a mission, so I hopped in a free flight but it still came up.  Whenever I try to turn on the AFCS after trimming the Harrier, the in-game stick starts to move forward, pointing the aircraft at the ground.  The only other thing this could be is that my stick's sensor is very sensitive, and I am accidentally toggling the AFCS with a very small input on the flight stick.  I have a t.16000m + twcs HOTAS.  In the track file, my plane is pointing up and down.  The pointing up part is me trying to trim the plane to the horizon.  The smooth movement down is when I toggle the AFCS.  In the end of the track file, I am sort of fiddling with the trim and the AFCS to see if I am doing something wrong.

HarrierAFCSBug.trk

Edited by Aero_Shrek
Adding context for the trk file.
  • Like 1

Someone else on the discord seems to be having this issue.  It is as though the AFCS switch is resetting trim.

Please, I am still waiting for a response.  If I am doing something wrong, please tell me.  For the time being, I can't fly the Harrier because I am having a lot of trouble doing anything without autopilot.

do either of you have a dead-zone set on your sticks? The AFC compensates for external forces and attempts to keep the aircraft in the attitude and bank it was set. What may be occurring is that the stick is moving ever so slightly and the AFC is picking that up and attempting to compensate for it. If you could attempt to set your dead-zone at say 20 for the two axis and try that way. Make sure you save a .trk of that flight in case it does occur, if it doesn't then you can reduce the number by 5 and try again to find your ideal dead-zones.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Rgr, shouldn't need to keep it at 0 so bring it down until the problem occurs, then revert back to the value before the value at which it starts causing issues.

Marking as USER ERROR and moving to RESOLVED.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.