Guidance missile

Badis

I don't know if i understand your question correctly but you can manually guide some missiles in DCS World. The F/A 18C has the air to ground AGM84 SLAM missile which can be manually guided in the terminal phase. just like the CM802 AKG missile on the JF17. Also some bombs like the Walleye on the F/A18C can be guided to the target.

If you have the  Combined Arms module you can guide some anti-tank guided missiles fired by tanks or other vehicles. With some SAM units like the SA19 Tunguska you can optically guide the missile to the target in the air or on the ground.

Edited by Nickkerkwijk
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, Badis said:

Can I guide a missile in dcs world with my own guiding law

No, you cannot.  The guidance laws are baked into binaries.  It used to be that you could at least change some parameters for them, but not any more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

1 minute ago, GGTharos said:

No, you cannot.  The guidance laws are baked into binaries.  It used to be that you could at least change some parameters for them, but not any more.

Can't he just build new missile with EFM api?

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

In theory I suppose so, this would be a 'full on aircraft' as opposed to changing just the guidance law.   Basically as far as missiles that you can mount on your plane go, you can't do it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda