Can I just copy my ..\Config\Input\... folder to a new Windows install?

Snacko

A few weeks ago I upgraded my MB, CPU, GFX and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10.  The game runs awesome now!

I had DCS.openbeta installed on my C drive, and had backed up my \Config\Input folder from my C SavedGames folder.  

However, the new Windows created new GUIDs for all the controllers.  So I fixed that and renamed all of the .diff.lua files to have the new GUIDs.  But now it seems that the buttons are all mapped to the wrong button.  When I look in the .diff.lua files I see that it looks like each hardware button has some type of key also, and I suppose that changed also??  Argg...

["keyDiffs"] = {
        ["d238pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil"] = {
            ["added"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "JOY_BTN3",
                },
            },
            ["name"] = "Pilot Salute",
        },
        ["d261pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil"] = {
            ["added"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "JOY_BTN25",
                },
            },
            ["name"] = "All Labels",

How can I get each button (d238pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil) assigned to the correct button again?  Or is there an easier way to fix this??  Or am I screwed and have to manually remap all of my aicraft's buttons??  

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Well even in a worse case scenario you wouldn't have to do all the assignments again as you can simply import the profiles and then save them with the new ID etc (after  a quick check that nothing is amiss - DCS has a nasty habit of auto-assigning buttons you don't want after you've cleared a profile - even had the same button assigned multiple times in the one profile). I know that still takes quite a while, but it's better than doing them all again when it isn't necessary.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis)
spelling agayn

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Thanks Johnny!!  You da man!!

I didn't know that those files were the same as saved profiles.  Makes things much easier!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download