JTAC not transmitting data with A10 II and DCS World Open Beta?

I know this is probably an ongoing issue after doing a forum search here on the subject, but I thought I would ask veteran simmers here about the status of JTAC and EPLRS in the latest open beta with A10 II. Specifically, I'm making a mission where I have a Humvee designated as a FAC, along with data link/EPLRS capability, and assigned to a specific enemy ground target group. Flying the mission, I contact and communicate with the JTAC correctly during the 9-line, but when he sends data I don't see a red target triangle on the TAD, nor do I receive a copy of the 9-line on the cockpit message display. I do however see the 'x' location of the JTAC (from his EPLRS) on my TAD as I begin an attack run. Obviously, the JTAC and I are on the same NET as I'm correctly getting his location on my TAD as mentioned https://snaptube.cam/

Is this just something we have to learn to live with or I am perhaps designing my mission incorrectly? Also, the JTAC will not select a weapon for me to use during the audio brief - he starts to say "use....." but then does not actually tell me to use  Appvn cannons or bombs, etc. I've tried assigning the weapons select to cannon in the mission profile for the JTAC as well as leaving it set to AUTO, but the JTAC never specifies the weapon to use.

Thanks!

Edited by EverlyWyatt

I encountered the same problem when designing a mission some time ago, and posted a thread here with my findings.    In my case, the JTAC's datalink transmission was being blocked by mountainous terrain between his Humvee and my aircraft.    DCS apparently models terrain interference somehow that's particular with datalink operation.   After placing the target and JTAC on a flat terrain area in subsequent missions, I was able to pick up his datalink without any problem.    In other words, the JTAC is most likely sending a datalink to your aircraft, but terrain features are blocking line of sight transmission.  

The confusing part is that voice comm with the JTAC isn't affected the same way in regard to terrain interference, so you can talk to him and vice-versa, but his datalink will be borked.    Experiment designing a mission away from mountains and see what your result are.    If continue to experience issues, I'll send you missions I've made in which the JTAC datalink works perfectly.   

Regarding JTAC not specifying a weapon to use, he might have been telling you to use either a laser-guided Maverick or laser-guided rockets if either was in your ordnance package.   Unfortunately, DCS hasn't given the JTAC an updated voice vocabulary since including the newer laser guided weapons included in the DCS A10II expansion, and he will not be able to communicate properly.    Try designing a mission in which you have only the gun available (no bomb or missile ordnance) and see if that solves the problem.  

Edited by Ballinger French
Cat bit me while I was on the compuer writing this.