Super Taurus Throttle - Idle/Off mapping now possible with multiple buttons

wrewdison

I have seen here in the forums multiple threads with questions regarding how to map the idle/off functionality with the Super Taurus.  Reading them I was confused by the answers which seemed to indicate that there is only one button per throttle that can be mapped (buttons 1 & 2).   I just got my Super Taurus last week, but when I went to do control mapping found that there are four buttons that register.    Buttons 1 and 2 register for the OFF position, and buttons 30 and 31 register for the idle positions.  So - in DCS for the hornet to map the idle position for each throttle I open the mapping dialog and move the throttle out of off and into idle and it registers the button (30 for right, 31 for left throttle).  Then to map off position I do the reverse (move from idle to off).  

Which makes me question - is this the case for ALL of the Super Taurus throttles, or did WinWing add button presses for the idle position in newer versions?

I have found some small annoyances in key bind settings.   Fuel Dump works if I set the "Fuel Dump on/off" to the "Fuel Dump On" position on the panel switch.  It dumps fuel when I turn it on and stops when I turn the switch off.    "Pitot heat on/auto" key bind however does not behave the same way.   

• Thanks 1