VR display and mouse settings have no impact

jimiC

Setting the mouse to remain within game window has no effect any more. When using mouse in vr and head tracking to  point/click a clickable cockpit item, if it is outside the game window the window loses focus. worked in 2.5x no longer working in 2.7

workaround would be to enter full screen mode. but checking this box has no effect on game window mode

using alt-enter results in fullscreen but 2FPS and eventually a crash of vr

Edited by jimiC

• jimiC changed the title to VR display and mouse settings have no impact

on investigation i think this may be related to the VR settings for scren resolution and eye rendering on the screen. the 2 sets of settings arent playing nice together. 

I was able to mitigate the mouse cursor inside game window issue by setting my desktop to match the game res (or vice versa) . previously i have set my game res to be lower than desktop because im not actually using the monitor while in vr.

suboptimal solution imo.

Thank you for posting @jimiC this is exactly the same problem I am having and it makes switching lower side panels impossible and launching taskbar items causing crashes for me as well.  

PLEASE FIX THIS ED, KINDA UNPLAYABLE FOR US USING MOUSE LOOK IN VR!!

• Like 1

I have the same issue, except if I alt+enter to fullscreen, the mouse in menus, rearm windows etc. (white bullet) is now "confined" to what the DCS window bounds (not in fullscreen) were.

That is, I can't click anything past just a little to the left of center as the cursor won't move there, it stops by a vertical invisible window border (even though it's in fullscreen).

Looking for a workaround.