2.7 and shkval

2 hours ago, X_legio said:

Since the 2.7 my shkval  really have hard time to lock even the easiest and clear target....

When I laser the target I have a range but there is no lock.

Anyone else ?

Has been already for a long time so.

You can get easily lock on piece of fence but not on clear vehicle.

It is very difficult to get a lock on aircraft against a sky as strongest contrast you can find there.

You can get perfect lock on buildings, even their bottom part that is hundreds of meters below terrain for altitude placement reasons, by getting that through any terrain.

These things are easy to find out in active pause mode and just trying out.

But at this moment we are expecting a overhaul to black shark in any month now...

So we need to make new bug reports when new system gets in place and if it doesn't work properly.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Sometimes, its very easy to lock a vehicle and sometimes its impossible. It is supposed to depend on lighting conditions, which might result in bad contrast. In the past I remember it was only depending on the time of day and it was impossible to get a lock at times near dusk or dawn. At the moment a real simulation of the contrast detection of the shkval is not implemented I think.

As a work around you can still launch the missles in manual mode and guide them manually.

2 hours ago, LotusDragon said:

Sometimes, its very easy to lock a vehicle and sometimes its impossible. It is supposed to depend on lighting conditions, which might result in bad contrast. In the past I remember it was only depending on the time of day and it was impossible to get a lock at times near dusk or dawn.

Previously it was the clock times when lock range was simply cut short or extended to full range.

That made it silly that you were on the desert at 5:30 in full sun above horizon and you were limited to something, like 4 km. 

At the moment a real simulation of the contrast detection of the shkval is not implemented I think.

Yeah, nothing about that is implemented. It is simple "is the a 3D object origin inside targeting gate?" kind a system.

As a work around you can still launch the missles in manual mode and guide them manually.

The unlocked status should be the primary method by guiding missile manually as you can't get a good lock in many situations because system locks on contrast instead vehicle. 

But when the manual aiming is challenge itself as system starts moving suddenly to random direction and you can't stop it without lock button - that will reset the laser guidance and you lose missile.

For me was really changed the simulation. In this mission there was 4 t80 very near to each other , full light no lock. Just 300mt in the same light a btr was an easy lock. Before the 2.7 there was some problems but not so obvious at least for me.... 

On 5/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, fargo007 said:

Anyone else notice the quality of the shkval image deteriorated a lot in 2.7?

Tested that today, and didn't really notice such.