T Flight Hotas X, can it fly the AV-8B?

Possible?  Yes.

Effective?

Pleasurable?

Eh... maybe.

The stick has a physical dead-zone built-in. That may make maneuvering in a hover... quite difficult. Jerky and borderline losing control. 

Only one hatswitch. That is a significant limitation IMO for a modern flying war computer like the Harrier, Viper and Hornet. HOTAS were built for a reason: to allow very fast functionality without hands leaving the controls... remove needed hatswitches from the HOTAS, and I no longer consider them true HOTAS, just a regular throttle and stick. 

So yes, it's possible. But it's likely to be awkward and clunky. With time and experience you may get so good that you can overcome these limitations! Or maybe not.

Use the free mods to get used to your new Tflight. Then sign up for the free trial period with the Harrier and try it out with your combo. Then you'll know better than any of us could tell you!

I should say though: the flying part should be fine with the Tflight.  It's the hovering maneuvers that I think would be... uh, CHALLENGING! Because the deadzone may prevent a nice gentle transition of movement for a graceful approach. But even then, it might be ok. And you can use curves, that might help with hovering.

jym's advice could prove a major benefit.

Also, you could look into adding a second keyboard that can do macros, and program it for additional functions, and give custom labels. But not all keyboards can do this.

I'd suggest getting an Elegato Streamdeck... but  that's more money than a nicer stick, so I'm guessing that's not really an option. Not to mention an item with limited availability right now!

You can always supplement your controls with something like VoiceAttack (which would cost you somewhere between zero and ten dollars, depending on version).
There are multiple versions?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

There are multiple versions?

Free or paid. The free version is somewhat limited compared to the paid, but not necessarily so much that it should be ruled out.

Free or paid. The free version is somewhat limited compared to the paid, but not necessarily so much that it should be ruled out.
Doh! Now I feel stupid.
Never considered the free one anyway, just got the paid five years ago.