Labels not changing

I have only 2 options that work with Labels, either on abbreviated or off. The other options do not change anything. Also everything is ‘-‘ symbol, planes, missiles, ground units. I have done a full repair and compared my Labels.lua with other peoples and it looks fine. Is there a file elsewhere that overrides the standard file in the Openbeta directory. Any help welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify further, there are four things that can affect you here:

• Your user-specifc labels.lua file (found in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View or %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View depending on where DCS decided to put your files).

• A mission-specific forced setting (the mission maker may force difficulty options via the settings in the mission editor).

• A mission-specific labels.lua file (included in the .miz in its own Config\View directory).

• A horrendously stupid bug in multiplayer (in MP, mission difficulty options are always forced, whether specified in the ME or not).

The first one, you can just change on your own since you have full access to that path and file — indeed, that's the whole point of its being there: so you can make labels look the way you want them. The second can be changed if you are allowed and able to option the mission in the editor — you can just uncheck the option to force a specific label type. The third can be changed if you open up the .miz in your favourite zip-file browser and just remove the Labels.lua file from it. The fourth is, as mentioned, a horrendously stupid bug and there's nothing that can be done about it until ED fixes that bug.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧