Zoom not working after update ...

In the Controls tab ... with the Axis Commands filter applied is a mappable action called Zoom.

At the beginning of this ordeal I was using the X-56 H.O.T.A.S.

Prior to the 2.7.5 update I was able to map one of my rotary dials on its throttle to the Zoom action thereby allowing me to zoom in and out so I can discern distant objects more easily. Now, when I try to map the dial to the Zoom axis nothing happens.  Note that when I am selecting the control I want to use to Zoom that DCS recognizes that control when activated and allows me to assign it. So, I know that DCS is successfully receiving the signal from the HOTAS. I then tried to map the zoom to a second dial on the X-56 throttle ... same problem. Then I tried a rotary dial on the throttle ... same problem.

Right about this time my TM Warthog H.O.T.A.S. arrived. So, wishing to start with a clean slate, I uninstalled DCS and wiped out the directory since it was not completely removed since DCS is smart enough to recognize a file that doesn't belong to it during the uninstall there by leaving the install directory. So, I deleted the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics folder. I then reinstalled DCS, A10C and the A10C II along with NTTR. I then installed the Warthog throttle, stick and pedals.

Next, I tried to map the slider on the right side side of the Warthog's throttle to Zoom ... with great anticipation I tried this out in DCS. No joy ... no zooming allowed. 

Next, I disabled TrackIR and retested ... again ... no joy.

I've done everything I know to do. Prior to the release I was able to map this action to the rotary on the X-56 with no problems.

I'm at a loss ... any new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C. T. Blankenship

Intel I7-4770K @ 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, EGVA GTX 1070 SC, Three ASUS PA248 24" monitors, 500 GB SSD, Saitek X-56 Throttle and Stick, TrackIR

Try selecting it manually instead of moving it, it is called slider.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Thanks LT ... I figured out what the problem is and unfortunately it is resulting from my multi-screen setup ... Multi-monitor distortion on edges of left and right monitor (on three monitor setup).

This is VERY disappointing as this functionality is pretty critical to how I play the game. The three monitor setup is not critical since I have an ASUS ProArt 27" 2560x1440 as my main screen and I use TrackIR so my visibility is good. So, to fix it I had to go back to the 7680x1440 1 Monitor setup in the Control Panel -> System tab. It's OK I guess but now I'm back to the distortion problem ... sigh.

Maybe BigNewey can wade in and give me some ideas.

Thanks,

C. T. Blankenship

Edited by CTBlankenship

Intel I7-4770K @ 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, EGVA GTX 1070 SC, Three ASUS PA248 24" monitors, 500 GB SSD, Saitek X-56 Throttle and Stick, TrackIR

Oh, wow. Weird. Hope they consider fixing it

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat