CRS and HDG Knob Configuration

Shakey

I just got my Orion a few days ago, and I'm very happy with it. I had to do a bit of additional mapping and configuration to make it work, but I was up and flying pretty quickly.

I'm having problems with the HDG and CRS knobs. I can see in SimAppPro that switches are activated when I turn them, and I can see the HDG and CRS switches in the DCS cockpit flipping back and forth. It looks like the Orion switches aren't enabled long enough for it to actually have an effect in DCS, though. Any suggestions on how to configure or map them?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem - the rotary control is sending fake button presses to simulate the up and down - which works for rotary controls in the sim. The problem is that the HDG and CRS switches expect click-and-hold style operation (like you would do with a mouse in the sim or a long press on the keyboard)

There is a setting in SimAppPro to change the switch press delay time for rotary controls (I forget what they call it in SimAppPro and I don't have access to it where I am to check)

I have to change this setting to 50ms to get the HDG and CRS to work - this does make the true rotary controls move in bigger steps (like the HMD brightness - about 15 steps from off to full brightness) but I am OK with this.