Datalink not working in Lib

goldencock

I have the same. Used to be working for me last week but then I changed some things. (latest open beta and I changed to dedicated server instead of local mission).

There is also an issue reported since last July which is under investigation.

When I am close to some friendly CAP aircraft they appear on datalink, but they drop like in the video posted in that thread, although those are enemies.

How do you play the mission, do you play it from missions, editor or also dedicated?

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

So I did some more testing.

Went back to the release version on both client and server, but wasn't it.

Tested local mission and dedicated server, but wasn't it.

I noted in the thread posted before that they were focussing on Tacan channels so I went with that. I deleted all my tankers from the mission created by Liberation and voila datalink was back up.

After some tweaking it seems any Tacan channel from 4 up to 7 can't be used as either Y or X. The 4th tanker in my mission is the S-3B Tanker and is spawned with Tacan 4Y. Delete it or change the Tacan to at least 8Y and you should be fine.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |