Russian movies

Rick50

Recently I've seen a couple of decent Russian movies that you might enjoy:

Salyut 7, a true story about a space mission: I saw it on Amazon Prime just days ago. Well, it's mostly true... a few scenes were not exactly as it really went down, but it's mostly true, and worth a watch:

T-34

This movie is... well I don't believe it's a true story, but rather based on many real events, sort of strung together, with some fiction, as a kind of tribute to the people who made the tank, and the crews that suffered in them to save their country.  Don't try to rivet count, or dive too deep into what's reallistic or not, but I admit I enjoyed this movie much more than I thought I would!  Also on Amazon Prime

So my youtoob feed put this movie trailer for me to watch! It seems to be depicting the real SU-24 shootdown...  well, the Syria situation from the point of view of Russian airforce people. I'm not super convinced by the computer effects, but it might turn out to be a decent movie. I've no idea if it's released yet or where to find it, but here's the trailer

The one I REALLY want to see is known by two different names, either "The Spacewalker" or "The Age of Pioneers:", and is about cosmonaut Alexei Leonov, the first human to perform a spacewalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rick50 said:

Thanks for these @Rick50 ! I'll definitely check them out.
The Su-24 trailer entered my feed too.
Does anybody know where to watch that one?
Cheers!

EDIT: I have no clue what happened to the first post. 🤦‍♂️

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna

so someone posted spacewalker on youtube, and I must say it was good!   

Space travel in those days was extraordinarily risky... a crappy death always trying to bite you. 

In Arthur C Clarke's 2010 Odysee, the exploration ship is named after the Spacewalker  Alexei Leonov

Now to try finding "Sky"

• Like 1

So youtuber and F-16 F-18 pilot "Mover" covers military aviation topics mostly, and sometimes does "Mover ruins movies" where he critiques and makes comments about various movies that feature aviation and fighters in them, and his newest is looking at the trailer for "Sky" that I posted earlier: