WMD7 not turning on from Cold Start

stoop

I seem to still be having this issue which I see has been discussed before a couple of years ago.

On cold start when I try and turn on the WMD7 it will not turn on. I have read about making it SOI, pressing IFF and pressing Cage to uncage it, but I can't seem to get it to come on. Is there a weight on wheels issue, can this only be done in the air?

I am on the current OpenBeta, so can someone please give me a step 1, 2, 3 ... on how to bring it up?

• Like 1

i'm sure you're right about this.

I felt like I was having the same issue, before I discovered that this little button was holding me back.

And on a similar note, don't forget to hit the SPJ button right next to it if you have a jammer pod!

You can edit its modes and such under cmbt, same as where you change your chaff and flare options.

Default key is "E" to activate it.  Mode 1 jams any radar that locks you, and mode 2 jams any radar that's tracking you.   It's mode of operation is described as essentially providing a second, false contact that's a brighter return than your actual self.  This is why you might want to set it to mode 1.  It's not constantly beaming, so it doesn't draw the same attention, and in waiting to apply itself until you're locked - in theory - its sudden operation achieves an effect that results in the lock on you being broken.

I've experienced exactly this when in dire straits in a mission, and suddenly remembering I have this pod to turn on.

This is interesting because it's markedly different from the sorts of jammers we typically see which are "shine a flashlight in your eyes" sorts of brute force operations.

And the third option lets you set it to be front facing, rear facing or both.  Basically for SEAD, front facing is good, for losing a dogfight rear facing is good and for a hectic furball or a combination of the other two, F+B works well (but the power is understandably divided).

• Like 1