AV8B Harrier ATHS points

Lowlyslows

39 minutes ago, buur said:

simple short and quick answer:
No

Unfortunately we are not able to place it in Mission editor. 

Actually, you can. I did some testing with Mark Points in the mission editor today.

Use trigger zones and triggers "mark to coalition."

1) Place a trigger zone (100') radius and name it 00 on a random location (not target) at the target area.

2) Place up to 18 more trigger zones same size and name them T01-T18

3) Create Trigger: Once, no conditions, Mark To Coalition (value 1, do not enter any text, zone is 00, Coalition is Blue, readonly checked). Should read as:: Mark to Coalition (1,,00,Blue,True)

4) Create Trigger: Once, no conditions, Mark to Coalition (value 2, T01, zone is T01, Coalition is blue, readonly checked) Should read as: Mark to Coatlion (2, T01, T01, Blue, True)

5) Clone step 4 and increment the value, text (T02, T03....), and zone

Once that's done, you can follow the procedures in the Harrier (kneeboard) to grab the target points and then assign up to 10 JDAMs. It will always assign the T01-T10 to the first 10 target points, but you can change that. If there is another Harrier in the flight that wants to attack the last 8 targets, then they can reassign the target points under the CAS page. Just highlight the want you want to attack, hit use, enter target number (1-8) and hit enter. Rinse and repeat.

I hope this helps the community! I searched all day and couldn't find this anywhere. I did learn how to manually enter all 10 targets into the CAS page as well, but preloading is much easier, and you don't have to use the F10 map to do it!

-Lowlyslows (Snowman)

• Thanks 2

Here is a step by step Guide to create pre loaded target points to rain hate (10 JDAMs) in a single pass using the mission editor:

Set Trigger Zones as below

Create Targets and Trigger Zones.JPG

Create first Trigger as show (once, Mark to Coalition). You have to have a blank zone for this to work so nothing in the text section.

Create Blank Mark to Coalition.JPG

Create a new trigger. This will be the first target. Note the value changed, text was added (T01, must be entered like this), the zone changed to first target, and set the Coalition as desired (I was blue this day)).

Create first T01 TGT.JPG

Rinse and repeat to the desired number of targets (18 max), note the changes

Create second T02 Target.JPG

Go to CAS page once you're in the mission

Click CAS.JPG

Select RCALL page

Click RCALL.JPG

Note the target section is blank

Targets are Blank.JPG

Open kneeboard and locate (1 page to the right). Note that the target list is empty

Kneeboard Target List.JPG

Press Right Shift + Right Alt + 8 (you can bind this) to generate list

Target list generated.JPG

Open Stores page

Click Stores Page.JPG

On ODU select TGTS

Selected JDAM and click TGTS on ODU.JPG

Select Targets desired to destroy. 4 per page

Assign TGTS 1-4 and Click TGTS to go to the next page.JPG

Select TGTS to go to the next page

Next TGTS Page.JPG

Repeat up to 10 max. X is number 10

X is Target 10.JPG

Select fuze and CCRP (AUT=Auto)

Set Fuze and AUT.JPG

In order to get symbology, you must select A/G AND on the map page box DESG. Otherwise, this won't work.

Bombing Setup.JPG

Note Symbology. N with the numbers is the target list order that the computer generated for the best possible release order

Symbology.JPG

Watch the accuracy numbers increase. Expect to "pickle" at 90%. This value is currently at 29%

Rmax Reached.JPG

Hold that release button down and let the computer do the work. I usually have AFC and Alt hold on. If you do this, then the autopilot will keep reset to wings level while the bombs are releasing. Not roll input required from the pilot!

Bombs Away.JPG

Looks awesome!

Bombs Away 2.JPG

All JDAMs released

All Bombs Released.JPG

Target Area.JPG

Fun to watch on various camera selections

Destroyed.JPG

Tricky but not tricky part. If you have more than 10 targets then you can have a wingman target these from the start or you can land, re-arm, and go destroy these as well. Note the RCALL page and targets 11-14 don't have a T# on the right. Thats because you can only do 10 at a time. You have to move the T# to the undesignated targets. 

4 Targets Remaining.JPG

1) Scroll down to #11. The CAS page displays REQ#s so note that it's number 12 (REQ12)

Scroll.JPG

2) Note the REQ# you're trying to set to the new Target

Click USE.JPG

3) Click USE to set the target number

T1.JPG

4) On the UFC, set desired target number (1-10(x)) and hit enter. It will verify the change when the UFC reports back a T with the desired number next to it.

Assigned.JPG

Verify the change in the RCALL page

Repeat steps 1-4 to finish assigned the rest of the targets. In this case there are 3 more to assign. 

Hope this helps the community. I emailed Grim Reapers who will hopefully make a video on how to do this!

-Snowman

Edited by Lowlyslows
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the great explanation. Very good.

An additional finding: In "Mark to coalition", the field value results in the record in kneeboard and the request number. Maybe good for easy communication.

Also it works if you work with "more time" in the triggers. 

1 hour ago, buur said:

Thanks for the great explanation. Very good.

An additional finding: In "Mark to coalition", the field value results in the record in kneeboard and the request number. Maybe good for easy communication.

Also it works if you work with "more time" in the triggers. 

Awesome!

I've tested if it is possible to do this via script. Yes it is.

Here a brief example:

trigger.action.markToCoalition(1000 , "T00" , {0,0,0} , 2 , true, "dummy Target") -- dummy target, will not shown in target list

Tank = Group.getByName( "TANK" )

if Tank and Tank:isExist() then
 local Vec3 = Tank:getUnit(1):getPosition().p
 trigger.action.markToCoalition(1001 , -- unique id, shows up as request number
								"T01" , -- declare it as target for the Harrier
								Vec3 , 
								2 , 
								true, -- read only
								"1. Target") -- string messsage
end

Tank_1 = Group.getByName( "TANK-1" )

if Tank_1 and Tank_1:isExist() then
 local Vec3_1 = Tank_1:getUnit(1):getPosition().p
 trigger.action.markToCoalition(1002 , "T02" , Vec3_1 , 2 , true, "2. Target")
end

• Thanks 2

Wow, great findings, thanks for all of the information!

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

On 1/17/2022 at 12:25 PM, buur said:

I've tested if it is possible to do this via script. Yes it is.

Here a brief example:

trigger.action.markToCoalition(1000 , "T00" , {0,0,0} , 2 , true, "dummy Target") -- dummy target, will not shown in target list

Tank = Group.getByName( "TANK" )

if Tank and Tank:isExist() then
 local Vec3 = Tank:getUnit(1):getPosition().p
 trigger.action.markToCoalition(1001 , -- unique id, shows up as request number
								"T01" , -- declare it as target for the Harrier
								Vec3 , 
								2 , 
								true, -- read only
								"1. Target") -- string messsage
end

Tank_1 = Group.getByName( "TANK-1" )

if Tank_1 and Tank_1:isExist() then
 local Vec3_1 = Tank_1:getUnit(1):getPosition().p
 trigger.action.markToCoalition(1002 , "T02" , Vec3_1 , 2 , true, "2. Target")
end

Out of me league!!! Glad it can be scripted 

• 2 weeks later...

Here a small addition  to the topic:

The text e.g. T00, T01, T02, .... is not so important. It must only TNumberNumber. The number itself does not influence anything in the game.

So when you make the first mark to coalition write in T00 and than you can simply copy the marker. But you have to change the value for each mark! Otherwise they won't show up.

The order of the target points is simply the creation order. 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Any updates on this? I can sync points added via the F10 view, but cannot get any to work (even with the 'new' "#TP1" format) via the Mission Editor "Mark to Coalition" or "Mark to Group" event.

EDIT: Apparently a known bug that take years to fix: 

Edited by TBo69

ASUS Strix Z490-E, i7-10700K, Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram 3200MHz, ASUS Strix RTX3080, Corsair 465X case

32" 4K, TM Warthog Stick/Throttle, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Winwing Combat and Takeoff panels, Rift S, Tobii Eye Tracker 5