keyboard input settings

polluxware

If i pressed the numpad +/- keys to control the brightness to the ABRIS, the rotator switch jumps all to the ends (off or full bright)...

IS THERE ANY WAY TO SET THIS thing to decrease the inputs length or something like that to the keys? to jump with smaller steps..

or if i want to control the collective with keys i cant do because it jumps allways to the low or high end positions...

PLEASE HELP! (i tryed to slow keyboard speed options but it doesnt solve the problem)

So i want to change this inresement like in the FS2004 when i set the joy panrate=400 -> 600 or lower...

i have an ordinary Logitech ps/2 keyboard

• ED Team

It works - total of 4 stages (not so much, but enough) between full black ABRIS screen and max brightness. Use short button touch. Checked both game and real modes.

BTW, why do you use Num-, Num+ instead of default "9" and "0"?

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

thanks the reply,

but

is there any way to add more "stages" then the original 4?

my left hand actually control the collective with 9,Ö keys ; and i can control the shkval too with my thumb

with my right hand can control the joy, and the pov hat to cycle the view

(dont have trackir)

it could be very easy if i can control the collective with the keys more swiftly.. especially when hover above the trees finding the targets with the shkval

normally i can use with my logi extreme 3d gas lever..

this is what REALLY miss after the good old SU-25T days...:)

is there any lua or cfg file to set this press key value lower??

• ED Team

Sorry, I dont understand. In first post you spoke about ABRIS brightness, now - about collective... Let's separate.

If you want to control ABRIS more "swiftly" - use clicable mouse or assign rotary for brightness. Nevertheless, using of buttons "9" and "0" is enough to adjust brightness to desired value.

Collective is an axis and of course - you should use some axis of your joystick. But you can also use of Num-, Num+ - it's possible and some testers are flying without joystick at all(!). Please note, if you use joystick axis and keyboard buttons simultaneously: axis always has priority to buttons. So, if you want to control collective from keyboard - you should delete appropriate axis assignment, otherwise collective in cockpit will always return to joystick axis position (you can check it by RCtrl+ENTER).

Flight model of Ka-50 in game is sufficiently close to real helicopter - so, we have to use proper devices in order to get correct control.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

it could be very easy if i can control the collective with the keys more swiftly.. especially when hover above the trees finding the targets with the shkval

Well, there is no need to move collective while working with Shkval, Ka-50 has altitude channel for autopilot. :book:

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

OK let's be more simple

ABRIS, collective the problame is the same -> jumps all between the "ends state" if i press the keys.

I get used to in FC to control the GAS with keyboard, and it worked perfectly, with small incresement -> THAT WAS A GOOD THING!!!

in BS if i press the collective keys it jumps all the way down or up, regardless if i using beside the joy collective

the ABRIS is do the same with the brightness control OR the page scroll buttons..

SO THE ONLY THING WHAT I WANT IS TO DECREASE THE "LEAP" of the keys, WHAT IS CONTROL A CERTAIN THING IN THE COCKPIT...

PLEASE!! I DONT want to read another reply that tells me to use this or that!!!

ALL I WANT IS a DEV reply to tell to where can i adjust these settings

the slow/normal/fast keyboard speeds are only control the viewing

ABRIS, collective the problame is the same -> jumps all between the "ends state" if i press the keys.

I've tried to control collective with keyboard. Works in 10% steps. Not very smooth, but certainly not "jumps all between the ends state". However if I press a key in normal way (like typing), I get the behavior you have described. The trick is to press keys as shortly as possible, to get finer changes.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.