Make possible to enforce "Sun flare effect" in servers for all clients. (fix for unbalanced gameplay)

Slice313

After playing a bit with this option, it came to mind that the "sun flare effect" is something that servers cannot enforce ATM.

This creates a situation where we mix players who use it (for added realism) and those who don't (for whatever valid reason).

But, when playing in a realistic-multiplayer-environment, this creates an unbalanced gameplay.

All the tactics that use the sun (like attacking from the direction of sun etc.) are rendered worthless. 😔

This is a shame, specially in WW2 scenarios where this kind of tactics was so common.

The RAF pilots had an expression “beware of the hun in the sun”.

• Like 2

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are requesting. If you talk about Lens Flare, well, that doesn't happen in real life to pilots because your eye's lenses aren't susceptible to that (there can be noticeable diffraction on the cockpit glass, or your sun glasses (if you wear them) - but that is something else). Pilots who switch lens flare off might very well do that for realism.

Then again, maybe I'm merely misunderstanding the setting that you recommend - which setting do you think should be server-bound? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1