Proper WMR stack / crash to Cliff House

Bisch

I am using the HP reverb G2 for quite some time. To try again standed games like Onward and Pavlov I re-installed my Vive Pro and the wireless adapter. I came to the conclusion that even there I would now prefer the G2 picture even with less effective tracking and an annoying cable.

When reverting back to G2 I wanted to use my Index Knuckle Controller I used with my Vive Pro. Flashing two steam controller dongles did do the trick along with some more VR plugins.

But now my VR stack for DCS got really flimsy. In most cases DCS VR crashes to the clifff house and DCS VR desktop view and game is still running. Also the headset or steam vr or wmr doesnt work at all. The G2 is marked with an arrow down in the device manager and I constantly have to switch ports, adapter.

I did update bios, set PIC-e to 3x, uninstalled complete Vive and wireless software, removed wireless card from PC, disabled all VR plugins, updated firmware of Vive and I think situation got better. However, even after using different USB-3.0 and USB-C ports, mainboard and card, via adapter or directly, through powered and non-powered hubs it's still behaving strange. Often the stack doesn't completely start (wmr and steamvr including succesfull detection of HMD) but the worst problem now is, that the VR picture usually crashes into the WMR cliff house. The game keeps playing on my desktop but I cant get back into VR. I reinstalled steamvr and wmr for steamvr, opted in and out of betas but still.... I usually crash to cliff house. Sometimes DCS doesnt even start or starts in 2D only.

After wasting hours and hours I really could need some help.

My Setup:

I79700K on Asus Rog Strix Z-390-E
32GB RAM
3080ti
Game on M2
Latest Open Beta
Win10

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant