Looking for Attack tactics when flying the L version

xfirf

Hi,

I really like the Gazelle, but compared to the Huey damage-resistance it´s like flying a paper-plane.

So do you have some tipps for me regarding staying alive longer? Especially when flying the L-Variant with Rockets and Machine Gun.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

Terrain/environmental masking, pop-up to attack, limit your visibility to the enemy, plan your ingress and egress routes to maximise use of terrain.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb G.J.S:

Terrain/environmental masking, pop-up to attack, limit your visibility to the enemy, plan your ingress and egress routes to maximise use of terrain.

Thanks.
Do you talk about popping up like when flying the M Gazelle?

Or do you talk about flying high speed low-level behind terrain or building and then "pop up to attack"?

5 hours ago, xfirf said:

Thanks.
Do you talk about popping up like when flying the M Gazelle?

Or do you talk about flying high speed low-level behind terrain or building and then "pop up to attack"?

Both.

Worth reading - https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/1-112/fm1-112.pdf

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

Get used to flying 10 feet off the ground, and hiding. You play hide-and-seek with your target. If you can see them, they can see you. Make sure you know where they are without looking.

You don't fly helos in a combat zone over the top of your enemy. You will be shot down within minutes.

Study the map and know the terrain. It takes practice, but that translates to survivability.

Edited by Tiger-II
  • Like 3

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."