To solve some of the issues with trimming - dynamic curves simulating full stick motion

doedkoett

Now that everybody got their trim reset all is probably well, but I was thinking - the issue, as I understand it, was mostly going from a trimmed input close to the extreme range of an axis making inputs on the other extreme impossible due to lack of range of motion of the input device (ie Stick).

This is due to the discrepancies in the trimmed virtual stick and the centered real stick.

For example, if the range of motion of the stick is +/- 10, and the stick is trimmed at +8, pushing the stick all the way back will give me -2 at the most. This is because my real stick is at 0 while my virtual stick is at+8. I want to pull my virtual stick 18 units, but have only 10 units of aft movement available on my real stick.

So why not add a automatic dynamic curve on the input, so that fully aft, the stick will always result in -10 no matter where the trim is at?
Maybe this makes the aircraft more hard to fly, I don´t know - but at least full stick deflection in any direction would lead to full deflection on the virtual stick. This curve should of course be added on top of any user adjusted curve, and not meant to replace them.

• Like 1

I’m no expert on this but I never pull so much collective that I need to trim so far forward with the cyclic to encounter this problem. In level flight with about 50% fuel and with rockets and missiles I never try to pull much over 60% torque, this gives me minimal rudder trim and also gives me a good margin if I need to lean on the left pedal for any reason.