Connection issue when multiple com ports are using socat

Heling

Hi,

I'm long time sitting behind the multiport problem with DCS-BIOS Hub and DCS Flightpanels. The last I use at the moment. Now is a last Issue. I can connect all 12 Arduino borads for longer time than before, but some minutes later this error is shown:

socat[452] E open("/dev/ttyS10", 012, 0666): Permission denied and

socat[454] E xiopoll({5,1}{-1,4}{7,1}{-1,4}, 4, {0.4294967296}): Permission denied or

socat[890] E write(7, 0x800070000, 154): Permission denied

The tty is S12 or S7. Permission denied is known in Liniuxversion of socat when the user is not member of the desired group. But for the windows version I find nothing about the error. I'm not a programmer. I can't show in the code and understand...

Is there a known solution?

Edited by Heling

• 7 months later...
Am 31.3.2022 um 20:23 schrieb Heling:

Hi,

I'm long time sitting behind the multiport problem with DCS-BIOS Hub and DCS Flightpanels. The last I use at the moment. Now is a last Issue. I can connect all 12 Arduino borads for longer time than before, but some minutes later this error is shown:

socat[452] E open("/dev/ttyS10", 012, 0666): Permission denied and

socat[454] E xiopoll({5,1}{-1,4}{7,1}{-1,4}, 4, {0.4294967296}): Permission denied or

socat[890] E write(7, 0x800070000, 154): Permission denied

The tty is S12 or S7. Permission denied is known in Liniuxversion of socat when the user is not member of the desired group. But for the windows version I find nothing about the error. I'm not a programmer. I can't show in the code and understand...

Is there a known solution?

Hello Heling,

Did you find a solution? Just got the same issue…

• 4 months later...

Im having an issue where the multiple-com-ports file just doesnt run, i can connect each com port individually but this takes ages for all my instruments.

I have edited the file with notepad ++ but when i click it to open the ports, the cmd prompt screen pops open then closes again? anyone got any clues?

Im on windows 10

PC Specs:

Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Motherboard

4x 8Gb corsair vengance 3000Mhz RAM

ROG STRIX 1080Ti Graphics

Processor Intel® Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3701 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

DCS runs on its own 1Tb 970 EVO M.2 SSD

Oculas Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog setup.

From the Flight Panels Discord:

WarLordToday at 2:42 PM

i know but cant find a fix. if you open cmd / powershell and navigate to and execute it. it works. just the direct click thing doesnt work

WarLordToday at 2:47 PM

open cmd/powershell navigate to the file and execute it this works as a workaround. i try to find a fix