WarBrd base only reads half of each axis after software update

X-31_VECTOR

I updated to the 20220407 software and updated all my firmware, and now one of my two WarBrd bases is only outputting values for half the range of each axis. What's really odd is that in the VPC Configuration tool, all axes calibrate normally and appear to be returning normal values through their entire range. The "Axis Logical (output) reads 50%/30,000 at center, 0% /0 at full deflection on one end and 100%/60,000 at full deflection on the other end. "Axis Source (input) values look normal too. (See example below)

But in the VPC software's Direct Input Viewer, in VPC Joy Tester and in DCS, each axis only reads value for half its range. It's as if the midpoint/center of each axis is outputting at 0% (or 100%, depending on the axis). One half of the axis provides 0-100% of the output, and the other half of the axis does nothing. 

What's really odd is that it only does this with one of my two WarBrd bases (I use this one for a DIY collective I made before Virpil sold collectives). I would revert to the older firmware, but as I recall it doesn't work with the new software. And I don't want to revert to the old software because of the functionality in the current build. I'm hoping there's just something I'm missing. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Screenshot 2022-04-29 140552.png

Screenshot 2022-04-29 140709.png

• X-31_VECTOR changed the title to WarBrd base only reads half of each axis after software update

SOLVED:

I went into the Windows joystick settings and calibrated in Windows. After that, everything behaves correctly in the VPC Direct Input Viewer and VPC Joy Tester, as well as in DCS.

This is surprising to me, as I was always under the impression that one should calibrate in VPC and only in VPC. I didn't calibrate my other WarBrd in Windows and it worked just fine.

It's also odd to me that Windows calibration affects behavior in the VPC Joy Tester and VPC Direct Input Viewer, both of which I thought displayed the raw output being sent to Windows, and wouldn't be affected by calibration in the Windows interface. Clearly a misunderstanding on my part on multiple counts. Hopefully this thread helps someone else in future.