RSBN & PRMG Channel rotarys are "lazy"

scuba82

Hi,

I noticed a weired behavior with the key bindings, while using the two rotary switches for RSBN and PRMG channel switching.

By default these switches are mapped to the keyboard letters "U" (increase) and "LSHIFT + U" (decrease) for PRMG channels as well as "Y" (increase) and "LSHIFT + Y" (decrease) for RSBN channels.

However, hitting "U" or "Y" once, doesn't change the channel. I have to do it multiple (4-6) times to increase/decrease one channel by 1.  Furthermore I noticed that pressing and holding one of these buttons increases/decreases the channels constantly ... one channel each ~1 second.

I'm guessing there's some kind of internal timer, kicking in each "X" ms and watching for a key/button press?

The same behaviour seems to be true when using jostick buttons mapped to these functions.

Using the mouse let's me click through the individual channels just instantly.

I double checked the behaviour with the radio channel rotary switch and there, it reacts as expected: One keypress /joystickbutton press changes the radio channel by 1.

I would highly appreciate seening this fixed cause I'd love to use two physical rotary switches in my home-pit for the RSBN/PRMG channel switching.

• 1 year later...

I also noticed this. I use encoders for RSBN channels in other planes with the system, but this doesn't work well in MiG-21, as it requires a long press time to do the tick - this results in many clicks of the encoder to change a channel by one.

I found some custom commands using bigger value_pressed value, but this results in the same lazy behavior, just with different jump (e.g. 10 channels).

This makes only the mouse a viable solution for fast clicking to the channel buttons.

Would it be possible to make it encoder-friendly? I don't like the lazy feeling on the buttons/keys either, so it should not make that experience worse.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube