"Flaps 25 / Up" mapping wrong way?

zrj

Hi there,

Just noticed "Flaps 25 / Up" seems have the wrong way?

I'm using Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, the flaps switch is No.22 (up) and 23 (down) by default. When I set No.23 to "Flaps 42/25", it works fine. However, when I set No.22 to "Flaps 25/up", it works oppisite. Flaps up position maps "flaps 25" in game and Flaps middle maps "flaps 0" in game.

Can anyone check this issue?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I've found the same happen. Indeed, that setting is wrong.

FIX: Open "...\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua"

Make a backup of that file first before you make any changes. 😉

Search for "Flaps". Change this:

{down=device_commands.Flaps_TO,up=device_commands.Flaps_TO,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name=_('Flaps 25 / Up'),category=_('Flight Controls')},

Into this:

{down=device_commands.Flaps_TO,up=device_commands.Flaps_TO,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,value_down=0.0,value_up=1.0,name=_('Flaps 25 / Up'),category=_('Flight Controls')},

Restart DCS and it should work as intended now. I just tested it, so go ahead and try it yourself. 🙂

You might lose the changes after an update (if they don't fix it), so maybe keep the instructions with the changed line handy. I'd rather change it again than plain replace the new file with the old one as you might undo some other fixes/changes that way.

Edited by Xupicor
typos
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

2022/7/24 AM8点50分,Xupicor说:

I've found the same happen. Indeed, that setting is wrong.

FIX: Open "...\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua"

Make a backup of that file first before you make any changes. 😉

Search for "Flaps". Change this:

{down=device_commands.Flaps_TO,up=device_commands.Flaps_TO,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name=_('Flaps 25 / Up'),category=_('Flight Controls')},

Into this:

{down=device_commands.Flaps_TO,up=device_commands.Flaps_TO,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLAPS,value_down=0.0,value_up=1.0,name=_('Flaps 25 / Up'),category=_('Flight Controls')},

Restart DCS and it should work as intended now. I just tested it, so go ahead and try it yourself. 🙂

You might lose the changes after an update (if they don't fix it), so maybe keep the instructions with the changed line handy. I'd rather change it again than plain replace the new file with the old one as you might undo some other fixes/changes that way.

Thank you so much! It works now! 👍👍👍