Keybind to reset **only** the pedal trim

cow_art

Could we please get a separate keybind which resets just the pedal trim?

I sometimes find myself in a situation where the AP has moved the pedal trim position far away from the center. Currently this is not always obvious and getting the complete pedal authority back is clumsy. I either need to look at the controls indicator and carefully retrim the pedals to the center, or I need to use the existing trim reset button (which resets ALL axes). Both of these options have obvious downsides.

Therefore it would be great if we could have a separate keybind which resets just the pedal trim to center. That way I could always press this "give me my pedals back" button whenever the yaw is acting weird. Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 1:28 AM, cow_art said:

Could we please get a separate keybind which resets just the pedal trim?

I sometimes find myself in a situation where the AP has moved the pedal trim position far away from the center. Currently this is not always obvious and getting the complete pedal authority back is clumsy. I either need to look at the controls indicator and carefully retrim the pedals to the center, or I need to use the existing trim reset button (which resets ALL axes). Both of these options have obvious downsides.

Therefore it would be great if we could have a separate keybind which resets just the pedal trim to center. That way I could always press this "give me my pedals back" button whenever the yaw is acting weird. Thanks! 🙂

I second this!

I think a setting to reset pedal trim would be nice. But I think there must be some other solution, such as a MicroSwitch toggle. Or If “no pedal trim” is selected, then any movement of pedals In heading hold mode would be “reset” to current axis position on pressing of “Pedal MicroSwitch button.” 

Either way, I hope this works out! 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

9 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

I think a setting to reset pedal trim would be nice. But I think there must be some other solution, such as a MicroSwitch toggle. Or If “no pedal trim” is selected, then any movement of pedals In heading hold mode would be “reset” to current axis position on pressing of “Pedal MicroSwitch button.” 

Either way, I hope this works out! 

Good point. A solution that does not need another keybind would be preferable, but it might be harder to get "right".

One approach that is slightly less aggressive than the one you suggested would be a logic like this:  "If the pedals are trimmed to the left and the user keeps applying full right rudder, then slowly move the trim position towards the center until  a.) user stops applying full right rudder     or      b.) the pedal trim has been moved all the way back to the center" 

But not sure if that could have any downsides I am forgetting.

Edited by cow_art

11 hours ago, cow_art said:

Good point. A solution that does not need another keybind would be preferable, but it might be harder to get "right".

One approach that is slightly less aggressive than the one you suggested would be a logic like this:  "If the pedals are trimmed to the left and the user keeps applying full right rudder, then slowly move the trim position towards the center until  a.) user stops applying full right rudder     or      b.) the pedal trim has been moved all the way back to the center" 

But not sure if that could have any downsides I am forgetting.

Yes, that would work also. Finding a simple solution is difficult. Quite the can of worms this Yaw Autopilot is becoming! 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg