To those who has the best of the best computer hardware setup and some how still using Quest 2

Just an exercise of self-expectation management.

For everyone who has the top-of-the-line computer hardware, say 12th Gen i9, 64 GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090Ti, etc, can you max out the graphics settings on graphics card, DCS and Quest2 and still get more than 30 fps all the time?

If not, would you mind sharing your settings?

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

In a nutshell yes, given that the DCS doesn't drag to a crawl, which will inevitably happen at some point.

I'm not there with the ram capacity or speed, nor the GPU speed but my settings are as below.

If I run without reprojection I can hold above 60fps pretty much all the time, generally it's at the 12-13ms frametimes which is 75-85 fps, with the G2 @ 60Hz I'm above refresh rate most of the time and it's perfectly smooth and artifact free.  In order to achieve this consistently I do have to reduce the resolution to around 2600 - 2800 wide in openxr toolkit.

If I run with reprojection I can run the same settings but with terrain shadows on default and increase the resolution up to 3100, it still generally keeps in the 45Hz reprojection bracket but will drop down to 30Hz on busier bits like flying over Beirut.

The only openxr toolkit performance settings I use are FFR on the quality/wide (the slowest and best looking) preset.

All of the above is based on SP only, discounting the whim of whichever server or mission is running 😄

OpenComposite_DCS_20220924_225207_R.png

• Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.