Reverb G2 Touch Controller Problem

Slaytanic

Hello,

after a few month i decided to play dcs again. Using OpenXR and OpenComposite with my HP Reverb G2.

Now the fun part is that when ever i hold the grip button down, it is getting an mouse wheel up input till i let go. No chance to right click any switches in any module because of this.

When i try it with steamvr, it works just normal. No ghost inputs.

Someone got a solution for this?

Thanks!

Turn the controllers off? 🙂

I think there is some binding/emulation functionality of the controllers within openxr but I've never used it. The only time I turn my controllers on is if I want to play half life alyx.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here,

After updating dcs, and updating opencompositer, i allways have to revert the file openvr_api.dll on /bin/ to a 02/08/2022 with 1,407kb, or ill loose the controller to operate switches inside the cockpit.... as far as i know there isnt a "steam vr controller setup menu" solution to openxr.

regards,

Edited by NervousTestPilot_n2

• 1 month later...

@NervousTestPilot_n2  After downgrading to 02/08/2022, where you still able to use some of the hand controller buttons?  I have one set for Esc (to bring up the in flight menu) and one set for VR Zoom which matched my old Oculus.   Secondly, are the pointers still accurate (straight off the fingers) or are they at a strange angle, usually downward as I remember in earlier attempts to use OpenXR?   Thanks for this idea!

The downgrade to the dll at 1,407kb worked for me.  The buttons I like, X for VR re-center, Y for Esc and A for VR Zoom all work.  The angle of the "laser" is correct to the visible glove, but the glove position is a little downward to my hand position, like a pistol grip.  I can get used to that.

Edited by Bertcoin