New to VR- HP Reverb

Hello my fellow merrymen,

I just got my first VR headset and have it working...slightly. When i Launch the app, it brings me to the hanger. The first time it did it, i could use my mouse to start a mission, however the googles were not centered in the same way i can use TrackIr to center and set my parameters. Basically, i was facing backward, but the mouse still worked. I tried everything i could to center myself but to no avail. it then crashed on me.

I closed the app and SteamXR along with mixed reality portal. I followed the same steps and again, it led me back into the hangar but neither mouse nor controller will let me pick anything from the menu to starting a mission. Needless to say, i am a little frustrated because i believed i followed the requirements exactly as i could on the DCS help pages for VR.

So now i am stuck in the hangar, no music, no choices etc. Any chance anyone knows what i am doing wrong?

Under display for windows, i am running 2560x1440 (recommended) but i cannot get into the settings in DCS as stated before, mouse does not work (shows just a little white dot but can't click on anything) and the joysticks do nothing. Any help is appreciated.

thanks