Exporting other instruments to MIP MFDs

X-31_VECTOR

I know the MIP has native support for the F/A-18, F-16 and AH-64, but does anyone know how to export other instruments to the display screens for other modules? It would be great to use them to display the basic instruments in warbirds, older helos, etc. Would something like Helios work for that purpose, or could it be manually done via LUA edits? Or would the module have to have the ability to export instruments programmed into it already, the way it is in general aviation sims? 
Any insights are much appreciated, as my MIP is inbound and I have never before dabbled in the dark arts of display exports. 

Some aircraft will just "work" if you setup the Winwing software to export the Hornet displays. The Lua they create is pretty generic and just exports the MFDs to the correct location. There are other aircraft with MFDs that use the same naming convention for their Lua export. The A-10 for example will essentially work automatically and the F-15 will also display the radar screen on the left Winwing screen automatically (using the hornet setup in their software). What planes are you trying to work with? For example, the Tomcat can export the HSD, TID, and VDI with a pretty simple Lua edit to Winwings monitor Lua file.