Before going to purchase new cpu , wanted to ask you guys (DCS VR 3090)

well if it is CPU bound does that mean it is all the CPU Fault? IF you got that CPU the Ryzen, it may help with the cpu bound issue and push the vid card a bit better..

I have the same CPU 10700K @5GHZ and still get the CPU bound in clean missions.. but I only have a 1070GTX.. to what degree of FPS you will gain I am unsure. I seen some threads for benchmarks and such maybe some had the combo you seek to get your answer there..

Are you using VR? if so which one and your graphics settings do you fly with? Online Offline?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi , Im using it in VR (reverb g2) in heavy cpu intensive campaigns like liberation. I use openxr, and openxr toolkits, standalone dcs. I create a server and load the mission into server, then run main dcs to play through it, then upload the results once mission is ended. It uses different cores for the server so I do get a massive boost. Its virtually unplayable otherwise.  However , cpu still struggles and bottlnecks .

From everything Ive read so far 5800x3d cache seems to solve a ton of problems. 

BTW thank you for response.