When using WMD7 or IR pod flickering in certain circumstances and/or black screen

Fabio.Nyr

Before describing, I inform you that I carried out a repair and cleaning process, I have updated the driver and Windows 10.
My pc has an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz, 64.0 GB RAM and Radeon 6900 XT graphics card

On a naval mission I lock onto a ship with radar and turn on the wmd7 pod, when I zoom in on the target the screen starts to flicker black, if I switch to IR mode on the wmd7 pod the screen stops flickering. Using the C701 missile pod as SOI also gives the same black flicker or the screen turn complete black at the front of the cockpit, no to the sides. I have noticed the following issues

1) mission 2 ships with Corvette Molnya and Frigate Rezny see attached mission (wmd7 no bug.miz) no error occurs
2) mission with three ships Corvette Molnya, Frigate Rezny, the error occurs. (wmd7 bug2.miz)

I attach the log, the track with error, the track without error, the mission where the bug occurs and the mission where the bug does not occur. And a videos with the problem.

dcs.log wmd7 bug2.miz wmd7 error.trk wmd7 no bug.miz

I haven't seen that issue, and I have a 6700xt - the 6900s seem to have an issue if you have multiple monitors with different refresh rates, or you're playing a video in chrome while playing a game. I'd check the driver updates / known issues - it's not an issue with DCS.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:27 PM, Iron Sights said:

Did you run a repair on DCS?

Yes I did, DCS told it's a common issue, but not much to resolve

On 12/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, Napillo said:

I haven't seen that issue, and I have a 6700xt - the 6900s seem to have an issue if you have multiple monitors with different refresh rates, or you're playing a video in chrome while playing a game. I'd check the driver updates / known issues - it's not an issue with DCS.

I am having problems with the 2.8 updates, and get worse with the newers AMD updates, will try to downgrade the soft

• 4 weeks later...

get worse with the newers AMD updates, will try to downgrade the soft

Best move! Latest is NOT greatest.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."