Misaligned Controls (Cyclic Base Arrows vs VPC & Control Indicators)

Belphe

Hi,

3rd week into using my VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base and I noticed an issue related to calibration. My in-cockpit LAT & LONG arrows on the cyclic base do not align with the actual logical values on the Control Indicators in DCS or the VPC Configuration Tool. When I set the cyclic in "perfect centre" according to the config tools mentioned above and enter the simulation, the arrows are off as seen in the screenshot below:

image.jpeg

When I actually align the cyclic to match the arrows in pit, the value readouts are incorrect in both DCS and VPC:

image.jpeg

I have recalibrated the CM3 Base using the up-to-date software. I have also reloaded the firmware, reset it to defaults under Windows and finally calibrated with VPC having it as the only plugged-in USB device at the time. Min and Max deflections as well as the centre points have been calculated and entered after the calibration to "clean up" any imperfections. Deadzones and Smoothing have been disabled. I am pretty confident that the cyclic is set up correctly.

The misalignment is small (between 1 and 2%) and with 60k points both in X & Y axis it probably doesn't affect flying too much but it's one of those things that could keep me up at night... Has anybody encountered a similar issue? Any ideas on how to resolve it? I'd be grateful for your help.

- Belphe

Edited by Belphe
  • Like 2

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]