Mission 8 - Hatch 2 not firing HARM and Wave is not landing

I have been enjoying the hell out of ROTPL but noticed two things recently, which may be related to the recent update.

1. Hatch 1 flies towards the island and fires his HARM. Hatch 2 turns in the opposite direction and does not fire her HARM but says that she did. All SAM sites are taken out though.

2. I follow Wave but he heads towards the Abe. I think this is probably a trigger issue. I have flown past him when we are on our way to Ras Al but then fly with him but he never goes to Ras Al.

8 hours ago, Hispanicgamer said:

I have been enjoying the hell out of ROTPL but noticed two things recently, which may be related to the recent update.

1. Hatch 1 flies towards the island and fires his HARM. Hatch 2 turns in the opposite direction and does not fire her HARM but says that she did. All SAM sites are taken out though.

2. I follow Wave but he heads towards the Abe. I think this is probably a trigger issue. I have flown past him when we are on our way to Ras Al but then fly with him but he never goes to Ras Al.

Hi, I will check it out. First question is do you have any mods. When exactly does Wave turn for the ABE. If you have a Tacview file of the flight that would be very useful. There is also since certain updates a problem where the wing heads back after a change of instructions however this can also be confused with a mod issue that’s why I ask the question.  
Are you using voice attack?

EDIT: Have just flown the mission and get the same results as you. Will work on a fix for next update but it is as a result of updates and we have informed ED.

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

18 hours ago, Hispanicgamer said:

Awesome that you found the same issue. Just for your information, I don't use any mods or voice attack. Was I correct about flying ahead of Wave as a reason why the mission fails due to Wave flying back to the Wave?

NO I don't think it's that it is  due to recent updates and now the AI refusal to stop doing something, I am fixing it in another way. Will let you know when it is fixed.

EDIT: Now fixed it in a different way will be out in next update.

Edited by Badger633
  • Thanks 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

2 hours ago, Hispanicgamer said:

FYI, so I went back and tried the mission again but this time followed Wave all the way into Ras Al. This time he landed and the mission played out as scripted. Hatch still didn't fire but all SAM sites were taken care of.

Thanks. But fixed now so hatchet fires and the wing lands as he should and will be corrected in next update.
The current AI is to unpredictable in the current arrangement.