What is required to make cockpit glass clear?

Onslott

Hello All,

EDIT: I'm more talking about the internal textures for the canopy in the cockpit.

I've been messing around with textures in photoshop for a little while. I've successfully changed the MiG-21 cockpit glass to be clean, scratch free, and clear in the HUD. Same with the F-5 and MiG-19. However, I'm now trying to get the Hind cockpit glass clean and scratch free but I'm having a LOT of trouble figuring out what exactly needs to be done. I've narrowed the files down to 4 (I think) files in the Textures folder: Cockpit_Mi-24P_GLASS_NORM, Cockpit_Mi-24P_glass_pr, Cockpit_Mi-24P_glass_pr_filtr, Cockpit_Mi-24P_glass_pr_RoughMet. I've changed the alpha channels to black to make these transparent, but when I fly and the sun hits the glass in a certain way, the glass starts to become opaque white where there is supposed to be gun glare I guess. What do I need to do to make this work? What are the requirements needed to make these files fully transparent and not affected by glare? Does this require editing of the .lua file as well? If so, where is that .lua?

Thanks for any and all help!

Edited by Onslott

12 hours ago, RotoFly said:

What I know and the main thing you are talking about

The first and most important ur 3d model in

3d max next ur texture

export ur model

Scenes of texture effects in your model in game

This is what I know

view  her for more information

2023-01-08_125353.jpg

glass test.jpg

Screen_230108_205621.jpg

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, however, I'm talking about the internal textures of the cockpit for the canopy.

• 2 months later...