Exporting RWR to a fourth display

glcm1961
Go to solution Solved by Bunny Clark,

Ok, so I have the three mfds exported to separate displays by editing the lua files.   However, I have a spare fourth display that is collecting dust and would like to use it to display the RWR or IFIE.    Since my three displays in use are labeled “left”, “right”, and “center”, how would the fourth display be labeled and how would I edit the cockpit file to enable the RWR or EFIE to be exported to the display?   

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

• Solution

If you're already accustomed to editing .lua files, this is pretty straightforward. 

You'll want to edit two files first:

\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\IFEI\indicator\IFEI_init.lua

and

\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\indicator\RWR_ALR67_init.lua

In each file, add the following lines:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("VIEWPORT NAME")

Replace "VIEWPORT NAME" with whatever you want to call that viewport. 

Keep in mind every DCS update will revert these changes, so make a backup or use a mod manager. 

Next, go to your monitor config file and add new viewport definitions with the names you just used for the two init files. 

• Like 1

@Bunny Clark Thanks so much for this. Had this set up for ages but lost the file after a recent pc format.

Only sad thing is it now causes an IC fail for multiplayer... Any idea if there is a way around it?

(haven't been in MP for a long while so not sure why it's an issue now...probably broke in a recent patch or something)

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

5 hours ago, Jakes said:

@Bunny Clark Thanks so much for this. Had this set up for ages but lost the file after a recent pc format.

Only sad thing is it now causes an IC fail for multiplayer... Any idea if there is a way around it?

(haven't been in MP for a long while so not sure why it's an issue now...probably broke in a recent patch or something)

MP Servers now (changed fairly recently) have the option to require "Pure Clients" which means basically no changes allowed to any .lua files.  If the server is enforcing this you'll fail integrity.  Change was made to prevent cheats in MP.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2023 at 8:41 PM, rob10 said:

MP Servers now (changed fairly recently) have the option to require "Pure Clients" which means basically no changes allowed to any .lua files.  If the server is enforcing this you'll fail integrity.  Change was made to prevent cheats in MP.

Thanks. Makes sense I suppose. Just wish there was a way to export the RWR and IFEI like we do the MFDs in the screen layout so it's IC compliant

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...