Saitek evo force Throtle doesnt work

connos

What an amazing sim...!!!!

I recently bought the Saitek Evo Force Joystick and i am desperately trying to configure the throttle (collective stick) and what ever i do its not working. In the control menu i cannot find the throtle to assing it to the collective stick i can see only buttons. :joystick:

Thru the profile editor of my joystick i assing the + - buttons to the throtle and it works but not us it should.

Also does the game supports force feedback? For me it doesnt work. I install the latest drivers from Saitek.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I use the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force as well (I assume it's a Cyborg Evo Force you have), and I actually have no problems at all with the throttle/collective. The Force Feedback I have not been able to get working properly though, but I do know people with other sticks have it functional. Unfortunately the spring centering of the Evo Force probably makes it so that even if it worked you'd have to turn it off. :(

Could you upload a screenshot of your settings screen for the collective and cyclic controls? I could then compare it with my own and see if there's something off-kilter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I use the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force as well (I assume it's a Cyborg Evo Force you have), and I actually have no problems at all with the throttle/collective. The Force Feedback I have not been able to get working properly though, but I do know people with other sticks have it functional. Unfortunately the spring centering of the Evo Force probably makes it so that even if it worked you'd have to turn it off. :(

Could you upload a screenshot of your settings screen for the collective and cyclic controls? I could then compare it with my own and see if there's something off-kilter.

Thank you my friend for the reply. I have nothing assigned in the control menu for the collective. Do i have to assign something? FFB doesn't work at all for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

connos, is the throttle working in the windows controller settings?

Yes its working in Windows

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Way I have my controls setup btw, under Options > Controls > Ka50 Real > Axis Commands:

Flight Control Collective: JOY Z

Flight Control Cyclic Pitch: JOY Y

Flight Control Cyclic Roll: JOY X

The way to set it btw is not to select it from the list when you assign one, it is to select the Flight Control Collective, click "Add", then Clear, then move the throttle on the stick. That should set it and you then just select OK.

Note that the direction you move it when setting it should matter, so if it seems backwards when you flight test it, try clearing and setting it again but moving it in the other direction as you do so.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look closer, it does have JOY Z in the drop-down list, so it should be possible to assign the joystick throttle to the collective through the drop-down as well.

Edited by EtherealN
Correcting myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Way I have my controls setup btw, under Options > Controls > Ka50 Real > Axis Commands:

Flight Control Collective: JOY Z

Flight Control Cyclic Pitch: JOY Y

Flight Control Cyclic Roll: JOY X

The way to set it btw is not to select it from the list when you assign one, it is to select the Flight Control Collective, click "Add", then Clear, then move the throttle on the stick. That should set it and you then just select OK.

Note that the direction you move it when setting it should matter, so if it seems backwards when you flight test it, try clearing and setting it again but moving it in the other direction as you do so.

I try that with no luck. it doesn't recognize my input. Even the cyclic pitch says left and right and not JOY Y as you. I have latest drivers everything is working in windows (Vista 64bit) but in game its very different. Even the cyclic feel that i am pressing buttons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very strange. I'm playing on my laptop, with Cyborg EVO Wireless - I can assure you that DCS recognizes this stick's throttle properly - however I had to assign it to collective axis manually!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Is the settings lists for assigning controls showing separate columns for Keyboard and the stick? On my screen I have four columns to the right of each of the inputs, first Keyboard, then the Cyborg Evo Force, then the Pedals and then the Mouse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Is the settings lists for assigning controls showing separate columns for Keyboard and the stick? On my screen I have four columns to the right of each of the inputs, first Keyboard, then the Cyborg Evo Force, then the Pedals and then the Mouse.

Yes i can see it in the controls. It shows Cyborg evo force keyboard and mouse. What drivers do you use?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it's 6.0.4.1, but I can't actually find it at all in my hardware list, only the Game Controllers list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think it's 6.0.4.1, but I can't actually find it at all in my hardware list, only the Game Controllers list.

Maybe i need to reinstall the game with the controller install first? I am desperate to play this amazing sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something that hits me in many other games, btw, is that if I plug the controller into the USB port after starting the game it will go extremely haywire on me. Though usually the effect is merely that the game never finds out about the existance of that controller.

Whether they are installed in a specific order really shouldn't matter though, and if you see the controller in the setup screen then the game really should be able to work with it.

However, if you installed the controller just now and haven't rebooted the machine since, there just might be something in Windows causing it to be wonky. But I can't remember Vista doing that to me either. Might be worth a try if it fits with what's happened, I guess, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think I found it!

Are you in the section called "Ins Collective Stick"? On Collective up and Collective down in there I also only get buttons.

You should be in the section called "Axis Commands". There you have something called "Flight Control Collective" that should allow you to assign the Z axis.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think I found it!

Are you in the section called "Ins Collective Stick"? On Collective up and Collective down in there I also only get buttons.

You should be in the section called "Axis Commands". There you have something called "Flight Control Collective" that should allow you to assign the Z axis.

OMG i was so in harry to play the game that i missed that. I am at work now and i will first check it when i go home. Thank you very much. Did you manage to get any force feedback in the game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can get Force Feedback, yeah, but the spring at the base of the stick makes it impractical. Basically the Force Feedback in DCS is there to allow you to set the Trimming on the helicopter - something that you do a LOT to fly one of those smoothly. (There are a few guides on how to set it and how to apply it in the General section.) In a real helo like that the Trim actually makes the stick and rudder default into the position it was in when you release the trim button, allowing you to release the stick and do something else.

However, on this stick the spring at the base makes the stick return to it's centered position anyway, causing the helicopter to start some real crazy maneuvers and you'll wrestle with it helplessly until you hopefully manage to land. Note as well that if you intend to control the rudder through the stick twist you're equally boned there, since the twist does not have Force and the Trimmer will try to remember that setting as well.

However, the game does have an alternate mode made for non-Force sticks, where you set trim and it then gives you a brief (in my opinion too brief, but there is a guide for changing the time it gives you) time to center the controls. The controls viewable in the cockpit will appear as if they haven't moved (which is correct, in a real chopper they don't), whereas you can now release the stick as if the input you had is at the neutral position of the stick axes.

However, since the helicopter is a fly-by-wire (AFAIK), the only thing that the Force would simulate is that Trimming thing, so you're not losing much by using it without force. I only ever really use Force on the stick in games centered on real old aircraft without servos and suchlike, where you really would feel the forces playing on the control surfaces through the stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The problem is that i don't get any FFB like you get. I understand after seeing some Producer's videos and made some reads what trim is and why should you use it and your explanation made it even more clear thanks again. Is their any changes i have to make to get FFB?

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, the only Force I got was the standard resistance you can set for the stick in general. Exhaustive testing of anything else is immediately spoiled by the centering spring. :(

So me saying I got Force "Feedback" might have been misleading, it's more like I get "Force" but no "Feedback".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well, the only Force I got was the standard resistance you can set for the stick in general. Exhaustive testing of anything else is immediately spoiled by the centering spring. :(

So me saying I got Force "Feedback" might have been misleading, it's more like I get "Force" but no "Feedback".

I saw a video in you tube with EVO FORCE working fine very strange. Thats why i bought it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was that a vid from someone playing DCS with it? 'Cause if so I need to find out what they did. :D

I mean, other games I get excellent force in, like IL-2 etcetera where I can feel the recoil of my weapons and the centre-of-mass shift when I release bombs. But in DCS the only Force I can confirm is the standard resistance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Was that a vid from someone playing DCS with it? 'Cause if so I need to find out what they did. :D

I mean, other games I get excellent force in, like IL-2 etcetera where I can feel the recoil of my weapons and the centre-of-mass shift when I release bombs. But in DCS the only Force I can confirm is the standard resistance.

Here it is

its not faction perfectly but as i read if you can keep the mechanical spring compressed using tie wires it will work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hm... Interesting. I'm going to have to look at that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hm... Interesting. I'm going to have to look at that.

Let me know of your results. Also try bellow settings as someone posted that it work with this settings

- Default spring = 0%

- Spring gain = 38%

- Other options at 100%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I definitely will, thanks. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think I found it!

I try it and is working. I have collective stick now. I need spear time to learn flying this heli, thanks m8. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]