Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6 first run.

Disclaimer: At the moment the card is fitted to my motherboard PCI_E2 slot so it is not running as fast as it could be, because apparently the PCI_E1 slot might be faulty.

Still once I changed slot the card ran flawlessly.

The previous test I conducted with an EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti was compared to the previous configuration with an AMD 5600X and Cl 14 3200 RAM kit, I have now an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D and Cl14 3600 RAM kit.

Gains-Stage-1.jpg

Gains were quite significant thanks to the combination of the Ryzen 3D and Cl 14 RAM kit ( 4 X 8GB to take advantage of interleaving).

Now I have ran the test with my brand new Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6, after some issues with the card refusing to provide with a signal, due to the suspected faulty PCI_E1 slot, I managed this score.

3DMark Pro, MSAA X2 settings as previously, but stock settings, NO boost for either the GPU or CPU.

Gains-with-upgrade-stage-2.jpg

I don't have the details for the FPS of the 1080Ti but it was mostly on the low 30/20 for the most demanding tests.

Conclusion: I'll be very upset if MSI can't help with the PCI_E1 slot issue I really don't want to return the motherboard and right now performance could be greatly improved as the GPU is running at X8 instead of X16...

The lower Physics Score (CPU) is mostly due to the fact that the GPU takes over the bulk of the load, it didn't reflect on the FPS at all, at 57.67 FPS during this test, it is more than double, if not triple what I saw with the 1080Ti.

The fans were working hard but cooling could be better, the card sits lower in the case and the fan which was under it now sits at the bottom of the case, blowing upward through an opening, I have a slimmer fan in front (-10mm to a standard 120mm) and will fit another one in the lowest position as soon as possible.

The card didn't throttle down due to thermal issues and the whole thing didn't seems to run hotter than with the boosted 1080 Ti.

So was it worth the money? Hell yeah! 183.84% improvement justify it, a graphic Score 158.877% higher too. I don't think I'm gonna have much trouble running DCS at my target settings even running the card at X8.

Now it's MSI support turn to get this thing to work to its full potential (if the PCI_E1 slot is not dead).

Regards and fly like Maine Yaks.

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

My VR settings. Do NOT pay attention to the performance overlay they are from screen recording, not the actual game, and if anyone knows the settings of Afterburner to get those in game and replays you're welcome.

Also keep in mind that this was a test, setting were stupidly high on purpose, smoothness and FPS can be improved, MSI support are trying to help with the PCI_E1 issue.

So we have MSAA X4, Anisotropic Filtering X 16. Pixel Density 1.6 in VR, causes perhaps the average image I got with the Pico because I didn't have it this way with lower settings (1.4).

Setting-1.jpg

settings-2.jpg

Temperature never exceeded 70°C despite a rather bad case cooling setting due to the failure of PCI_E1 which forced me to use PCI_E2, the card now seat very close to the top of the Power Supply with little room under it for the fans...

MSI-Afterburner-Temp.jpg

Not perfect, the replay looks a lot cleaner than what I had on my Pico, head movements are very chunky, and my less than 40h in the F1 shows when I couldn't figure "whats that yellow light there?", get kind of lost and then flew all the way to the parking slot with the Air Brakes on (not good).

In short some fine tuning is needed but I'm getting there, as for the performances of the card, well it looks rather good but I need to get Afterburner to work for me in order to know exactly the in-game FPS, so again if someone has settings for this, you're more than welcome.

Video: Now processing 4K for another 5hours...

I'm too tired to wait and I just realized the sound is set for ambient with my mic picking up room noise. Will correct later. For those wondering why I fired both AAMS, it is simple: With assymetric load the F1 is a b!tch to trim... Nite nite......

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.