Fix for multiplayer re-slot desync issue

prestonflying

Users have posted on Discord and Facebook about this issue, so I am sharing a fix for it here. If you have any questions please ask. The updated lua file includes safe-guards to protect against using null objects when the player's aircraft crashes. Here is a file-diff of the added checks if anyone is curious.

Although this is a simple 1 line change, Winwing has not resolved the issue for some time now. Myself and others have filed bug tickets but no fix as been put out by Winwing and often the response is along the lines of "repair your lua file or re-install SimApp Pro". Both of which are not the solution . I hope users find this fix helpful.

Only applies to those who play on multiplayer servers

Steps to fix:

1. Download the the fixed wwtExport.lua file.
  2. Replace the existing file in `<USER>/Saved Games/<DCS_INSTALL>/Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua`
  3. Note: SimApp Pro may override this file until Winwing updates SimApp Pro. requring you to re-add the updated file.
  4. Play online and die/re-slot without losing in-game sync data such as light/vibration.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Use a Winwing device such as take-off panel, combat panel, F16 Ex Stick, or anything that uses in-game data to match state.
  2. Load into a multiplayer server
  3. Ensure Winwing device matches plane state (AA/AG lights, Landing gear, stick vibration, etc).
  4. Crash the airplane
  5. Re-slot in same or different plane type slot
  6. Notice AA/AG lights do not work, landing gear light does not flash, no stick vibration, no light sync.
  7. Pull up the logs located at: `<USER>/Saved Games/<DCS_INSTALL>/Logs/dcs.log` and notice the error message
  8. This is due to an accessing an object that is null, the fix above includes a working lua file to avoid this.
2023-01-24 18:07:26.835 ERROR   Lua::Config (Main): Call error LuaExportActivityNextEvent:[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:164: bad argument #1 to 'type' (value expected)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'type'
	[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:164: in function 'sendNet'
	[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:217: in function 'LuaExportActivityNextEvent'
	[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:255: in function <[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:254>.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

@WINWING @WinwingTech Congratulations,  I see you finally fixed the bug where users could not use their gear after crashing in Multiplayer. 

Recent change log statement: 

1.9.26:
1.New: Adaptation of MFD display F-15E.
2.Fix: After the plane crashes in the multiplayer game, there is no data trigger bug. (Hereby thanks to Escape977 and Special K for their help).

I submitted to your team in Jan 2023 and never heard back. 

How can the community get in touch for future bugs? Every time I submit a ticket with a fix, I get told to email Sydney, then no action every results from contacting. 

42ACD9EA-6390-48D1-A36E-D43D53FC7557.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 11:02 AM, prestonflying said:

Users have posted on Discord and Facebook about this issue, so I am sharing a fix for it here. If you have any questions please ask. The updated lua file includes safe-guards to protect against using null objects when the player's aircraft crashes. Here is a file-diff of the added checks if anyone is curious.

Although this is a simple 1 line change, Winwing has not resolved the issue for some time now. Myself and others have filed bug tickets but no fix as been put out by Winwing and often the response is along the lines of "repair your lua file or re-install SimApp Pro". Both of which are not the solution . I hope users find this fix helpful.

Steps to fix:

2. Replace the existing file in `<USER>/Saved Games/<DCS_INSTALL>/Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua`
  3. Note: SimApp Pro may override this file until Winwing updates SimApp Pro. requring you to re-add the updated file.
  4. Play online and die/re-slot without losing in-game sync data such as light/vibration.

1. Use a Winwing device such as take-off panel, combat panel, F16 Ex Stick, or anything that uses in-game data to match state.
  3. Ensure Winwing device matches plane state (AA/AG lights, Landing gear, stick vibration, etc).
  4. Crash the airplane
  6. Notice AA/AG lights do not work, landing gear light does not flash, no stick vibration, no light sync.
  7. Pull up the logs located at: `<USER>/Saved Games/<DCS_INSTALL>/Logs/dcs.log` and notice the error message
  8. This is due to an accessing an object that is null, the fix above includes a working lua file to avoid this.
2023-01-24 18:07:26.835 ERROR   Lua::Config (Main): Call error LuaExportActivityNextEvent:[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:164: bad argument #1 to 'type' (value expected)
stack traceback:
	[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:164: in function 'sendNet'
	[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:217: in function 'LuaExportActivityNextEvent'
	[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:255: in function <[string "C:\Users\Preston\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua"]:254>.

Has this truly been fixed? Because I am still having the issue where a crash results in a de-sync, and have to exit to correct it. It's now late December. All SimApp Pro software is updated, but this still happens to me.

Edited by Harley
Added more

That's a confirm. Tried to update, but the latest version is the same revision number, and respawning will de-sync PCR panel switches/lights at JETT stations and A/A-A/G mode lights, as well as the UFC LEDs. All function normally, it is only the lights for these buttons and the display for the UFC that don't sync up after a respawn.

Edited by Harley

On 1/24/2023 at 11:02 AM, prestonflying said:

Steps to fix:

4. Crash the airplane
stack traceback:

Ok. Looks like that repaired .lua fixes things. I like that! Thank you for figuring that out! Panels seem to sync up exactly as they should after a respawn. Good detective work!

On 12/21/2023 at 8:51 AM, prestonflying said:

@Harley Glad you got it working, and thank you! 

I have one more question about this lua file. It seems as time goes by the way it does, winwing has updated their firmware, and it wants to update this corrected file. If it does update, which is optional, do I simply need to re-add/edit in the corrected code? Because I found that when it updates, the newer script doesn't retain the correction, and we're back to having the same issue that this lua fixes.