Is this what 600 knots really feels like?

RODEO5150

Is it just my pc or does it seem like dcs aircraft just kinda float through the sky instead of haulin ass like 3-600 knots should feel like.

My Build....

Asus Rog Strix hero viii w/wifi • Ryzen 9 5900X, AIO cooled • Asus Rog Strix RTX 2080 08G Gaming Triple Gpu • 4x8gb Adata 3600Mhz Ram • 250gb Adata M.2. Both vr and monitor

This mostly has to do with the absence of peripheral vision. The further zoomed into the HUD your camera is, the greater the effect. The scale of nearby objects (such as the very tall trees in the heavily forested areas of the Caucasus map) can also affect your perception.

Similarly, you can create the Hollywood-style sense of speed in an external view by placing the camera a few hundred yards away from the aircraft (much like a trailing aircraft filming would be) and using the camera-lens zoom controls R-Alt num/  and R-Alt num*  ; this is how most trailer footage is shot to give it a cinematic feel. The technique creates a visual trick that causes the background to appear to move by the aircraft at a much higher speed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and although yeah external views do seem a little faster and the closer you get to the ground definitely seems faster but still even an external views like when I'm watching replay or something it just kind of floats I mean there's no way that I don't know it just seems like we should be hauling ass things should be going by in a blur and I got time to count the leaves on the tree you know what I mean it just doesn't seem like it should be there like that

38 minutes ago, RODEO5150 said:

Thanks for the reply and although yeah external views do seem a little faster and the closer you get to the ground definitely seems faster but still even an external views like when I'm watching replay or something it just kind of floats I mean there's no way that I don't know it just seems like we should be hauling ass things should be going by in a blur and I got time to count the leaves on the tree you know what I mean it just doesn't seem like it should be there like that

Have you ever seen a "blur" in an airliner?

I've flown many types of piston and jet aircraft and never experienced this. I think your perception of what flying fast feels/looks like is far from reality.

For reference, 100 knots at 10,000 feet feels like you are not moving at all and literally suspended in the sky.

The further you reference point is away from your aircraft the slower it will make your aircraft seem.

I promise you, its just fine.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS