Force Feedback Hotas

Does a FF HOTAS exist? Yes, I have read as much as I can on this thread. But I am trying to see if anybody knows of one that exists. Thank you.

Edited by pbsmgm

Asus X99 II, i7-6850k, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, M.2/SSD Drives, Win10-64

My inquiry is not about what we have now, i.e. NO force feedback HOTAS or even about the current non-HOTAS force feedback joysticks that these threads discuss. It's an inquiry to find out if somebody might actually know of a FF HOTAS that exists over and above my extreme level of searching for one at this point.

If by HOTAS you mean two physically separated devices (Throttle and Stick), then the answer is no FF HOTAS, or at least not that I know of one.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Yes, correct, and I felt the need to post this definition.

HOTAS, an abbreviation for hands on throttle-and-stick, is a style of aircraft control which allows the pilot to access the cockpit functions and fly the aircraft. This design style is seen on all modern US, European, and Chinese fighter aircraft, and on some Russian aircraft, where there is no direct access to the Flight Control System (FCS).

HOTAS is a shorthand term which refers to the pattern of controls in the modern fighter or interceptor cockpit. Having all switches on the stick and throttle allows the pilot to keep his "hands on throttle-and-stick", thus eliminating the need to take his eyes off the horizon and HUD. The goal is to improve the pilot's situational awareness, his ability to manipulate switch and button controls in turbulence, under stress, or during high G-force maneuvers, to improve his reaction time, and to minimize instances when he must remove his hands from one or the other of the aircraft's controls to use another aircraft system, and total time spent doing so.

The concept has also been applied to the steering wheels of modern open-wheel racecars, like those used in Formula One and the Indy Racing League. The HOTAS system has also been adapted for game controllers used for flight simulators (most such controllers are based on the F-16 Fighting Falcon's which was a pioneer in the theory's application) and in cars equipped with radio controls on the steering wheel. In the modern military aircraft cockpit the HOTAS concept is sometimes enhanced by the use of Direct Voice Input to produce the so-called "V-TAS" concept, or augmented with Helmet mounted display systems such as the "Schlem" used in the MiG-29K and Su-27, which allow the pilot to control various systems using his line of sight, and to guide missiles to the target by simply looking at it.

Edited by pbsmgm