Stop trigger zone looping radio transmission?

DaveSD

Hey gang,

I've done the easy part - starting a looping radio transmission when entering a trigger zone. The hard part - stopping the transmission when I exit the trigger zone. In searching around I saw that it will apparently take a short LUA script to do this. Despite buying a LUA book and experimenting with it in DCS, I'm still pretty stupid when it comes to working with LUA. Extremely stupid, actually.

Basically what I want to achieve is this - when I intercept an aircraft I want a warning to play that tells them to get out of Dodge by noon or I'll shoot 'em dead in the dusty street. Well, you get the idea. Once I'm out of the trigger zone I want the looping radio transmission to stop, and if, later in the mission, I re-enter the zone I'd like it to start again.

I found a reference for doing this via a Google search earlier today and now I can't find it. If someone can either tell me where to find that information or if they can give me a hint here, I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: I do have an inelegant solution for this - a series of trigger zones along the planned flight path, each playing the radio transmission once with no looping. The only operational consideration is that I'd need to fly at a speed low enough for the sound file to stop playing before I reached the next trigger zone. That can, of course, be controlled to some degree by the size of the trigger zone.

A couple of other things...

I've noticed that when setting up a triggered radio transmission, the OGG file doesn't play in the dialog box where I choose the file. It's not a big deal at all, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Also, I've been creating some interesting "degraded" simulated radio transmissions using Audacity and an online text-to-speech website that allows the choice of multiple accents and male or female voices.

Dave

Edited by DaveSD

You need to add a Moving trigger zone to the Enemy aircraft so you enter into it and out of it. then you need to tell the mission editor to play the sound file when in the zone. PLUS to stop playing the file when out of zone. You will have a problem with the sound file playing over and over till you leave the zone. I have done this very thing in a mission I made called Hell of a Day at Sea. it is a Huey mission and you can download it and look at how I did this in Detail. I use a ship with 3 moving zones Far Mid and Close and you enter Far you hear a fog horn it will play 1 time every 60 sec. Then when you go into the Mid zone the horn gets louder it is a new sound file and the first one stops playing. Then when you enter Close it again gets real loud and the Mid range one stops. I am using what I call a Loopback to delay the sound file for 60 sec and then it will check to see what zone you are in and play the correct sound file I want.

I use 3 zones on 1 ship but 1 zone will work for you. Just a look at the loopback I made for this and you will need to use the Repetitive type to do this.

So when the Flag value is 1 you are in the zone and when the flag value is 2 you are out of the zone and the sound file stops.

A0.jpg

A1.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

Edited by DishDoggie