Ripple Pairs releases like Ripple Single

dmatt76
Go to solution Solved by ASAP,

What am I doing wrong?
Or is it a bug?

I have two racks with 2x3 Mk-82 AIR on symmetrical pylons, mark them on DSMS

I set Ripple PRS / RIP QTY 3 - it should release 6 bombs

When "pickle", only 3 bombs go away, in strange config - 2 from 1 pylon and 1 from the other. 

The same with RIP QTY 6 - it will drop 6 bombs when set PAIRS with 12 bombs onboard. Seems like the computer sees only singles, not pairs.

- Yes, I keep holding Weapon Release all the time, until I am far away from the target, the plane is stable - no X on piper. 

Edited by dmatt76

• Solution
3 hours ago, dmatt76 said:

I set Ripple PRS / RIP QTY 3 - it should release 6 bombs

Not it shouldn’t if you set QTY 3 you’ll get three bombs. System is working correctly. If you want 6 bombs select rip pairs / QTY 6

the quantity is the quantity of bombs not the quantity of pairs of bombs. RIP pairs just means it will release two at a time, wait a few milliseconds and then release a another pair, wait, release, etc…

In your case it performed correctly. it dropped the first two at the same time, one from each TER, and the third a few milliseconds later.  When bombs fall off TERs they alternate between symmetrical TERS (not stations 5/7).

So if TERs are on 4/8 and you rip pairs you’d get the center bombs from both TERS. Then the next pair you’d get the left bombs, and finally the right bombs.  If you dropped rip single you’d get 4 center, 8 center, 4, left, 8 left, 4 right, 8 right. 

Edited by ASAP
  • Like 1