MT low framerate and stutter solved (for me anyway)

I posted earlier about only getting 30 FPS with a i9900k at 5GHz and an RTX 4090 in VR using a valve index.  From a suggestion in a previous thread I turned off vsync.  This allowed me to get a solid 45 FPS sitting in the cockpit of the Hornet cold and dark on supercarrier with almost all of the DCS settings maxed out and 1.5 DCS pixel density.   I've never achieved that before.  A test flight low over Syria still showed stutter and frequent drops to 30 FPS, so I went into my nVidia control panel where I had a bunch of custom settings for DCS, most of which were probably not doing anything (like MSAA enhance the application setting), and I hit the restore button to go back to defaults, and now I am getting a rock solid 45 FPS flying low over Syria, turning left, and looking out at the buildings and the ground at my 9:00 directly under my F16.  There is some slight stutter from time to time, but I may have seen this in the single threaded version too.  After I did these things I never saw anything below 45 FPS.

dcs_settings.jpg

Edited by mdmasters
  • Like 2