Why does my rain look so bad in comparison to others?

imacken

See attached. My rain is bottom image and as a comparison - in the same mission - there is an screenshot of what others see, the top image.  Difficult to get the differences over in a static screenshot, but hopefully it will show enough.  Others rain looks really nice and realistic, but mine certainly doesn't.

Anyone know why this is?

r2.jpg

r1.jpg

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean the 'Rain Droplets' option? If so, then that is checked, but I'm not seeing any rain droplets on the canopy at all.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks. Seems to be only that one mission, i.e. M01 of the Dominant Fury campaign.  There are some droplets, but nothing like what I see on YT vids for the same mission.  If I generate my own mission, the rain looks OK. Also, I have that yellow, streaky rain which the vids don't show either.

s1.jpg

I'm not positive how it works, but if the original mission was done a while ago, it might be using old weather system and the new one isn't?

As for the streaky rain, I've seen that with landing light on in the F-18 (looked like snow coming down, only in landing light cone (mine or wingmans).  On Persian Gulf so maybe something to do with the new lighting there.  It was on MP and my wingman didn't see the same.  Haven't bothered to see if I could replicate and get a track yet.

Useful suggestions. Thanks.