Quest 2 Display bug in cloudy weather

Midair

Hi, 

I have a display bug with my Quest 2 only with cloudy weather. The bug has appeared for a few updates. At the start of the flight everything is normal but after a few minutes a lighter band forms in the lower part of the image and it becomes increasingly clear with graphic artifacts. I have the impression that the problem comes from the management of the shadows of the clouds. 

In my settings I have the shadows off, and cockpit shadows on low.

My system is I9 9900k, RTX 2080, 64gb ram, SSD M2, Quest 2 via link cable. 

I already try a DCS repair and I have the latest NVidia driver installed. In almost clear weather I don't have the bug. 

Do you know how I can solve my problem?

Edited by Midair

Hi,

do you mean the lower part of the picture turn brighter - with a line and all above the line is normal? So 33% of the lower picture are brighter?

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Midair:

Yes

i switched back to 90hz within the oculus app Rendering res. 4224x2128 and set the following in the oculus traytool. (since i did this, no more white lower screenpart

And i also disabled hyperthreading in the bios (my specs are at the bottomline of my post)

Maybe this settings solve the issue.

Best regards

ott9.JPG

Oculusapp.JPG

OTT1.JPG

Edited by LOW_Hitman

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

That is a VRAM issue. You get that bar at the bottom on the quest 2 when you run out of VRAM. The Q2 does not recover VRAM when it's not needed anymore. Only thing really is sto restart the game. Some people said a ALT TAB to another task and back solve it for them.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.