WinWing Orion 2 basic finger lift 3D print

data790

Hi,

I didn't get a finger lift system for my Orion 2 base when ordering. And due to import costs this is going to have to wait. In the meantime, I thought it corking to have a crack at making my own. The design is only for the cut-off indent since I only fly the harrier at this point - learning the F/A-18 will take some time that I don't have at the moment. 

This design is not supposed to replace the wonderful finger lift system by WinWing, but may serve as a temporary replacement or a bit of fun only. I should also note, I am not a 3D expert, this took a few days to get right. The image has double-sided tape, but I modified it to have some bolts to secure it better to the base. The design is, hopefully, available for folks to modify - and I am more than happy for anyone to just go ahead and play with it to make improvements. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5986326 

20230419_200517.tif 20230419_200527.tif 20230419_200537.tif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Based on your statement, it seems that you didn't receive a finger lift system for your Orion 2 base when you ordered it. Due to import costs, you are planning to make your own temporary replacement. The design is specifically for the cut-off indent and is intended for use with the Harrier aircraft. You acknowledge that this design is not meant to replace the WinWing finger lift system and that you are not a 3D Printing expert. The image shows the design with double-sided tape, but you modified it to include bolts for better security. You encourage others to modify and improve the design.