LotAtc question

hi,

i just bought the LotAtc client but can't get it to work. the configurator shows dcs.openbeta as my installed game, but says 'lotatc is not installed on this instance'

edit additional info:

1. i dont get the drop down menu to actually install the program

2. i also dont have the add lotatc-checkbox in the dcs options/special tab.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Edited by blueskunk

First: Best is you ask all questions on the LotAtc Discord, there you get the fastest help. Here is the link: https://discord.com/channels/390600961577713667/390601848106778625
I will also ping @DArtso he can see this post.

Now to your problem:

Have you installed the LotAtc Server? The Server connects your client to the game.
In standalone mode you can connect to online servers.

thanks for the info.

not sure what yu mean by installing the lotatc server. i'm only aware of one download link and that installer is what i used (setup_lotatc): https://www.lotatc.com/download.html

it seems to me that i followed the instructions correctly. at least i havent identified an error on my part yet.... i went through all the info on their website a few times and tried probably 5 installs with the same results.

i cant get to the point where i get to click 'install' (see first post).

what i'm unsure is whether or not there is some problem related to lotatc configurator showing the saved game dcs folder and not the  dcs openbeta_server folder. see images for clarification: image 1 (the larger pic) is my install, image 2 (the smaller pic) is from the instructions.

i havent found a way to 'point' lotatc to a different directory and see if that would make a difference.

any other ideas?

=====

edit: progress made. there seemingly is some install bug that can be circumvented by manually copy/pasting the following:

copy the directories/files:

- C:\Program Files\LotAtc\server\2.3\Mods\services\LotAtc to
c:\Users\<you>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\services\

- C:\Program Files\LotAtc\server\2.3\Scripts\Hooks\lotatcGameGui.lua to
c:\Users\<you>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\

result: lotatc module icon shows up ingame, 2 testing missions are available and lotatc works on those.

so the remaining issue now is using lotatc on mp servers.

2.png

1.jpg

Edited by blueskunk

I think you are mixing two things. LotAtc Configurator is only necessary if you install LotAtc Server. If you only want to use the client you have nothing to do with it.

Your client is starting when you double click on it?

hi,

yes, you are right. but there's so much info on their website that i wasn't quite sure about a few things originally. but things have been clarified in the meantime. DArt was in contact with me via email immediately and he provided excellent support to get lotatc running. so, it's working for me now.

the only thing i need now is to find multiplayer servers that actually run lotatc. and according to the dcs server list there are rather few that mention they do (and still they dont provide login details in the briefing notes. unlike srs, for example).

in any way, if you have any tips or tricks how to find servers (plus login details) that want human gci/awacs using lotatc please let me know.

again, thanks for the help.