Enemies for Turkey?

The only plausible scenario i can think of would be a Russian invasion of Georgia. NATO units could then operate from Turkey over the boarder, to push back the Russian offensive. That way you could have Turkish units as almost a QRF to bolster Geogian forces until others arrive.

Edited by Shadow.D.

Any country around Turkey can easily be regarded as an enemy in a conflict scenario.

Considering the geological and political position of Turkey, any conflict possibility (including US, russia, iran, israel, etc.) can be real at any time in the history...

So dont limit your imagination:)

The most likely is Insurgents. The Kurdish Rebels living in Turkey take refuge in South of Georgia so Turkey wages an air campaign against the Kurds or invades Southern Geogria. USA comes to a NATO partners aid and Georgia and Russia fight for Georgian Soviergnty. That is the scenary I was going to work on.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Any country around Turkey can easily be regarded as an enemy in a conflict scenario.

Considering the geological and political position of Turkey, any conflict possibility (including US, russia, iran, israel, etc.) can be real at any time in the history...

So dont limit your imagination:)

?

A NATO vs Iran conflict would quite likely involve at least logistics in Turkey, being the closest actual NATO country and strategically located on the route from europe, which of course offers any opportunist Kurdish guerillaman or perhaps a pro-Iranian Islamist a target that you might want to defend. Or help attack, for that matter.

That's one of many potential ways to involve Turkey as a theatre of operations in a conflict with Iran. Iranian support for some insurgents in Turkey's neighbor Iraq offers more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester